Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taco Soup

In my neck of the woods during these months it's pretty frigged out. We stay warm with blankets, hot chocolate, and sometimes soups. I say sometimes because Old MacDonald isn't a big fan of them so they HAVE to be hearty. One of my faves is a recipe I got from my Daddy called Taco Soup. I'm sure most people have some version of this but this one is REALLY good! So here you go and your welcome. Tee Hee

Taco Soup ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning (don't add the water)
2 15 oz. cans of stewed tomatoes
large can of kidney beans (drained)
small can of garbanzo beans (drained)
1 15 oz. can of corn
1/2 bottle taco sauce (the red kind)

Directions:
Brown meat and add package of taco seasoning. Add in cans of beans, corn, and tomatoes. Stir together and add taco sauce. Add more water as desired (I don't add more water we like it thick). Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 min. Top with grated cheese, sour cream, and fritos or tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!