Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Home Improvement/Confessions

I have a few confessions. The first one is we have lived in our house for five and half years. We haven't done much to the inside in the ways of home improvements. We have focused most of our attention to the outside that needed a little more done. In the meantime the inside has been neglected. There wasn't much that needed to be done but there were some small stuff. Small stuff like finishing the trim in our entryway. There are laminate floors in the entryway and the previous owners never finished nailing down the trim that goes around the floors. I'm embarrassed to say that we have had this trim in our garage since we bought our house. The hubs had a major itch this weekend and decided to finish up this little project. 
Total cost - $0. We had the trim and the nails.
Total time - about 15 minutes.
The hubs not having a nagging wife asking to him to finish this little project - priceless


Before: Gross!!!


After: Much better


I'm sure some of you are thinking, "If you had the nails and trim why didn't you just nail it down? It couldn't be that difficult." This brings me to confession number deux. I'm pretty helpless when it comes to power tools and handy projects. I see some of these ladies in blog land that blow me away with their handy know how. I can use a screw driver, hammer, and stapler. If you need cuts, exact measurements, or something to be level I'm not the gal to call. I hate feeling so helpless in this area so I asked Old Mac to teach me a few things. That way I can do some of these small projects around here too. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!