Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

July Book Club Review


The book that was selected for the month of July was The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I wasn't excited to start reading this book. I didn't pick up the book until 4 days before our book club night. The Lovely Bones is about a girl who is murdered and watches over her family. The book is written from the girls perspective in first person.

I have to say that this book wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I didn't even cheat like I said I was going to. I started from the beginning. This book for sure makes you think. In many different ways. I don't really want to go into detail, I think it would spoil it for those of you that haven't read it. I think the thing I'm loving most about our book club is we are all so different. I love that a different person gets to pick our selections each month. This isn't a book I would've read on my own. Was it my favorite? No. Will I read it again? Probably not. Am I glad I read it? Yes. I would rate this book as 2 out of 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!