Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Little girl re-fashion

Don't mind the unevenness or how it's leaning to the right.
I promise it looks a lot better in person.
One of my "goals" in life is sewing. I didn't pay attention too well I guess in Junior High and can barely sew a straight line. I'm a big fan of Make It and Love It. She is so amazingly talented. I decided after finding her blog that I needed to steal borrow for a long time my Mom in laws machine that she wasn't even using and has barely noticed is missing. I have a folder on my computer that is stuffed with things I am one day in the near future going to get to.

One of the first things I did was take two shirts of mine and make them into a skirt for MnM. It's very beginner and if you look close you can totally tell where I messed up. Since the machine wasn't mine, and I don't know how to sew, I had to look online to figure out how to thread the bobbin and the machine. I know very pathetic but thank you technology! Thanks to my amazing Sis in law C Myree too who walked me through the steps over the phone when I couldn't figure out the video!!  
I was sure proud of myself when I finished and have loved that MnM asks to wear it. MnM is a bit of a diva when it comes to her clothing so getting a stamp of approval is big actually HUGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!