Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ideas for St. Patty's Day

With tomorrow being St. Patty's Day I decided to post some last minute ideas. Normally we only go as far as wearing something green but last year I decided to step it up.

We started the day off with "green eggs and ham" aka scrambled eggs and bacon. MnM did not think this was fun. For some silly reason she thought the color made it taste different. I asked her if she liked green eggs and ham and she said, "I do not like them Sam I am." 

For lunch the kiddos had flower shaped sandwiches (they were supposed to be shamrocks). I was most proud of dinner. I made hamburger helper stroganoff and added green food coloring. I forgot to get a picture of dinner but it was awesome! I think this year we are going to stick with mostly foods that are already green. Do you have any fun traditions for St. Patty's? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. You are too fun! :) Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not this year. Next year I'll be making a bigger deal out of it since I will be homeschooling.

    I've been thinking about doing a scavenger hunt using gold coins.

    Last year I made green pancakes...just didn't do anything like that today. Our schedule changed and we've been getting up 2 hours earlier this week and we are just exhausted lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!