Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ribbon Star

With the 4th quickly approaching I thought I would show you the post I did over at Made It On Monday over the weekend. I was inspired back in February from wreaths I saw at Tatertots and Jello and She's Kinda Crafty. Some of you may remember the ribbon heart I made. Today we are going to make *star*.

Supplies for ribbon star
  • a flat, square surface (ie tile, cardboard, plate)
  • glue gun
  • red, white, and blue ribbons
  • alphabet letters
  • scrapbook paper 
  • star embellishment
  • black marker


The first step I had to do was paint the tile I was using. If you want to make it really easy for yourself, you could purchase an already white item. I like to make things difficult for myself though. Next take your scrapbook paper and cut out two star shapes. I used my George and Basic Shapes cartridge for the cricut on mine.



Now that the easy part is done it's time for the ribbon. Not going to lie this part takes a little more time. Take your ribbon and cut 70, 4 inch strips. After the strips are cut hot glue the ends together. Separate the ribbons into two piles. One for each star.



Take your ribbons and start gluing them onto the templates. Start at each point on the star and work your way to the middle. Try and place the ribbons on as randomly as possible. That part is always difficult for me LOL. Place your star embellishment in the middle of both the stars. Hot glue the finished stars onto the surface you are putting them on. 

If you want the stars to pop a bit more, take a black marker and trace around them. The final final step is write something patriotic at the bottom with the alphabet letters. I used my cricut again but stickers would work just as well.



See isn't that darling!! I love how this turned out! I think I'm sold on the ribbon holiday decorations. Go gather up some supplies so you can quickly make one too.

I'm linking this to: I Heart Nap Time, The Tattered Tag, Keeping It Simple, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Craft O Maniac, Sugar Bee Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, Night Owl Crafting, Making It With Allie, Sassy Sites, Tatertots and Jello

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty perfect decor for summer and the upcoming holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!