Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May Book Club Review

My cousins decided it would be fun to start a book club. I was so super excited about this!! First of all with summer almost here I've been wanting some new good books to read. Second I have a pretty amazing extended family. My Dad comes from a family of 8 which, lucky for me, means lots of cousins.

The first book that was chosen for book club was Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. This book takes place in France during WWII. The story is based around the Vel' d'Hiv roundup of Jewish Men, Women, and Children. The people in the story never actually existed but the event did. I won't spoil this book for any of you that haven't read it. I will say that it was one I couldn't put down and finished in one day. At one point I had to take a break and give my kiddos each a kiss on their foreheads. They both looked at me like I was nuts. This book made me grateful for all my blessings that I tend to take for granted. I think Sarah's Key is worth reading! I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I read all of them and they all make my day!!